- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak (1-1/2 inches thick), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Oil for frying
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- Lemon wedges
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Dip steak in egg mixture, then coat with the crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil. Brown steak over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Drain on paper towels. Transfer to a baking sheet. Top beef with tomato and cheese slices. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with lemon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBreaded Sirloin
"This was a hit with my family. I had to leave off the tomato slices for the non-tomato lovers, but it was still very tasty."