Breaded Rack of Lamb
"This recipe is so easy and quick to prepare," notes Lorene Whittingham of Denver, Colorado. "We have lamb often on Saturday nights for dinner along with double-baked potatoes, tossed salad and a vegetable."
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 rack of lamb (1 pound) , trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place the lamb on a greased rack in a greased roasting pan; rub with garlic, salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter, parsley and thyme. Press onto the meat.
- Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 441 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Breaded Rack of Lamb in Taste of Home April/May 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.