"This recipe is so easy and quick to prepare," notes Lorene Whittingham of Denver, Colorado. "We have lamb often on Saturday nights for dinner along with double-baked potatoes, tossed salad and a vegetable."
Recommended: 23 Classic Recipes for Your Passover Seder
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 Add New Ingredient( rack of lamb (1 to 1-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place the lamb on a greased rack in a greased roasting pan; rub with garlic, salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375* for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter, parsley and thyme. Press onto the meat. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for rare, a met thermometer should read 140°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Breaded Rack of Lamb in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p19