- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornbread/muffin mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Ranch or barbecue sauce, optional
- Cut pork crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, muffin mix, salt and pepper. Place egg in a separate shallow bowl. Dip pork in egg, then in flour mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add half of the pork; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Drain on paper towels. Wipe skillet clean; repeat with remaining oil and pork. If desired, serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBreaded Pork Tenderloin
"This is not the breaded pork tenderloin we enjoy in Iowa. To make a breaded pork tenderloin , you have to pound it very thin. Then it is breaded, and usually deep fried but some do bake it. And allthough there is several ways to bread it, no one used corn meal. We also do a grilled unbreaded tenderloin again it is pounded but usually not as thin. Both are served as a sandwich."
"Did not care for this at all...not enough flavor in coating and took longer to cook than statd"
"This was okay.. Anything taste good with Ranch ( : It was a nice change"