Breaded Pork Roll-ups Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/4 inch thick)
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasoned salt. Flatten pork chops to 1/8-in. thickness; place a ham slice on each. Fold sides and ends over ham and roll up; secure each with a toothpick. Dip roll-ups in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown roll-ups in 1 tablespoon oil for 2 minutes on each side. Add remaining oil. Cook 10-12 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Turning occasionally. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 490 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 1708mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Reviews for Breaded Pork Roll-ups
"I would attempt this dish another time, but it is EXTREMELY important that the pork isn't any thicker than the recipe calls for. I tried pounding mine and knew it was a little thicker but I thought it would suffice. Nope. You will end up with overcooked outsides and raw interior. I had to fumble around awhile to make it presentable, when I had been looking for something quick and easy."