- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. Place cracker crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip each pork chop in egg mixture, then coat with cracker crumbs, patting to make a thick coating.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBreaded Pork Chops
"This is how my mom taught me to make them - it's the ultimate comfort food to me. Now I make them for my own family and they love them just as much as I did."
"I use bread crumbs and crushed cheez it's with a teaspoon of dry ranch dressing mix and salt and pepper"
"I love these! They are so quick and easy to make. Like some of the other people suggested, I mixed Italian seasoning in the crackers and it turned out AMAZING. I'm a beginner cook and I've never fried meat before, so they burnt a tiny bit. But I will definitely make these again and keep trying to find the right temp and length of time to cook these! Plus my boyfriend and I still loved them, so it all worked out. Paired these with some baked potatoes and had an easy meal."
"These are tasty and delicious! Not the bone dry and bland pork chops I have had from previous experiences. We love this recipe!"
"these turned out very juicy and delicious!"
"Love these pork chops! My mom used to make them this way too. So glad I found this recipe."
"Ritz crackers was only available at the spur of the moment which turned out to be one awesome dinner. I added a tablespoon of no msg Johnnys seasoning, two tablespoons of whole wheat flour and fresh ground black pepper. This was cooked in canola oil for a little nutty favor that set off the chops perfectly!!"
"I love this because it is a quick meat, I add a little spice to it."
"Would not recommend, followed the recipe to a T, however the flavor was extremely lacking, confused as to why this recipe is rated so highly"