Breaded Pork Chops for Two
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 bone-in pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- In a small shallow bowl, combine egg and barbecue sauce. In another small shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, oregano, lemon-pepper and salt. Dip chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 327 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
May 19, 2016
I've made this many times over the past decades. This was one of the first recipes I made as a teen and it still pleases the crowd. Easy and delicious. (I add extra spices to suit my palette).
Aug 28, 2013
tasted good; would make it again
Jan 15, 2011
My family just loves this recipe everyone cleaned their plate...It's our new favorite
Oct 15, 2009
OR would be the key word in those directions!!
Jul 10, 2009
after 1 hour, there won't be any juices to run.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.