Breaded Dijon Chicken
This dish was created by our son, who is known by friends and family to be a great cook. Everyone who tries these delicious chicken breasts comments on the zesty mustard flavor.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives or pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 lemon slices
- In a shallow bowl, combine mustard and sour cream. Dip chicken in mixture, coating both sides, then roll in bread crumbs. Place four olives in the center of each chicken breast; fold in half.
- Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine butter, lemon juice and cayenne pepper; drizzle over chicken. Place a slice of lemon on each chicken breast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 387 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1282mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Dijon Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.