This dish was created by our son, who is known by friends and family to be a great cook. Everyone who tries these delicious chicken breasts comments on the zesty mustard flavor.
Recommended: 100 Ways to Cook Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/4 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
- 24 stuffed green or pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 lemon slices
- In a shallow bowl, combine mustard and sour cream. Dip chicken in mixture, coating both sides, then roll in bread crumbs. Place flour olives in the center of each chicken breast; fold in half. Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine butter, lemon juice and cayenne pepper; drizzle over chicken. Place a slice of lemon on each chicken breast. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dijon Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p81