Breaded Curry Shrimp
A fruity dipping sauce adds to the fun of this simply wonderful, fast-fixing entree from Ann Nace of Perkasie, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes4 servings (1/2 cup sauce)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- MARMALADE DIPPING SAUCE:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, curry, salt and pepper. Dip shrimp in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook garlic over medium heat for 1 minute. Add spreadable fruit, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and lemon juice until smooth; stir into pan. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with shrimp.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 327 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 237mg cholesterol, 892mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Oven Fried Curry Shrimp in Light & Tasty February/March 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.