Wow! These drumsticks are crispy with just the right amount of zing to get your mouth watering for more! Super easy to make and oven baked rather than fried, so saves on fat but not flavor! If following a low cholesterol diet, the skin can be removed from the drumstick and butter/ coating can be applied directly to meat. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or assorted chicken parts can also be used instead of all drumsticks too!
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 chicken drumsticks (about 4 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and seasonings. In a microwave, melt butter with lemon juice. Brush drumsticks with butter mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place on greased racks in two 15x10x1-in. pans.
- Bake until golden brown and a thermometer reads 170°-175°, 45-55 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Breaded Curry Chicken Drummies in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018