Breaded Chicken with Orange Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add orange juice and remaining Italian seasoning to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook until sauce is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Serve with chicken and rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 181 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 21, 2014
Noticed recipe just today. Rather than cooking chicken in oil, may try baking til done, at 350, then continue making rest of meal. Would definitely cut fat and extra calories.
Aug 1, 2012
Quick and Easy, a perfect late night meal. Yum!
Feb 26, 2010
very good! just the perfect amount of orange flavor to not overpower the chicken. I will definitely make this again!
Feb 17, 2009
Very tasty and quick! Another recipe where I can use our oranges from our orange trees.