Breaded Chicken with Avocado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 slices ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornmeal, cornstarch, garlic salt and cumin. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and water. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; dip into egg mixture, then place in the bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Top with cheese and avocado; cover and cook until cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream and onion.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 548 calories, 36g fat (13g saturated fat), 214mg cholesterol, 713mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 23, 2016
Very nice spice combination!*i used spelt instead of cornmeal and added some paprika to the egg wash -- yum
Jan 14, 2013
This is delicious! A super easy dinner that seems like it's from a restaurant.
May 29, 2012
This recipe is such a treat. Due to dietary reasons, I only serve this once or twice a year - it's SO good!