- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 slices ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornmeal, cornstarch, garlic salt and cumin. in a shallow bowl, beat the egg and water. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; dip into egg mixture, then place in the bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side. Top with cheese and avocado; cover and cook until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream and onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBreaded Chicken with Avocado
"Very nice spice combination!*i used spelt instead of cornmeal and added some paprika to the egg wash -- yum"
"This recipe is such a treat. Due to dietary reasons, I only serve this once or twice a year - it's SO good!"