Breaded Chicken Strips are a home-style classic and a perfect meal for a new cook to prepare. Our Test Kitchen staff created tender, golden brown chicken strips that are tasty and just right for two. The breading is made from everyday ingredients already in most kitchens, and there are only a handful of steps. Why go out for a chicken fingers basket, when it's this easy to make your own?
Recommended: 33 Fast Food Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, whisk milk and egg. Coat chicken in flour, then dip in egg mixture. Place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Breaded Chicken Strips in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p14