- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 5 cups)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup butter
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place cauliflower and a small amount of water in a skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and seasonings. Place bread crumbs and cheese in a large resealable plastic bag. Add a few florets at a time to the egg mixture; toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cauliflower to crumb mixture; toss to coat.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook cauliflower in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forBreaded Cauliflower
"I expected the taste of the parmesan to stand out more than it did. We thought this was pretty good. But we still like the version we get in a local restaurant better."
"Good flavor, my family actually enjoyed this."
"Now that does sound good and I'm not normally a big fan of cauliflower."
"Delicious! I used 2 whole eggs, in place of 4 yolks, and had a fine result. My husband OF 40+ years said this tasted just like what his mom used to make!"
"Excellent, even my picky daughter ate them! I used Panko bread crumbs and the recipe came out great!"
"made this tonight, my family loved it!! we all love cauliflower (especially fried) and this recipe proved to be almost better than most restaurants i have been to. the batter smells so good. i will definitely make this again."
"I love this recipe because even my turn-up-their-noses family members will eat cauliflower this way. Sometimes I add cayenne for those who like even their vegetables to be spicy hot."