VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed reduced-sodium saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 10 thick-sliced bacon strips, halved widthwise
- In a shallow dish, whisk the eggs, vinegar, mustard and cayenne. Place cracker crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip bacon in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- Arrange in a single layer on two foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; turn. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Breaded Brunch Bacon in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p20
Reviews forBreaded Brunch Bacon
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2011
"I love bacon. I wasn't sure this was going to be good, but it was fantastic!!! I used regular townhouse instead of saltines."