- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed reduced-sodium saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 10 thick-sliced bacon strips, halved widthwise
- In a shallow dish, whisk the eggs, vinegar, mustard and cayenne. Place cracker crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip bacon in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- Arrange in a single layer on two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; turn. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forBreaded Brunch Bacon
"I love bacon. I wasn't sure this was going to be good, but it was fantastic!!! I used regular townhouse instead of saltines."