Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3 eggs
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 to 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced bread, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the milk, sugar, butter, raisins, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Gently stir in bread cubes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 220 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 18, 2020
I used fresh homemade bread. WOW So Good!
Nov 2, 2015
This is the best bread pudding I've made. I tried different recipes but keep coming back to make this one.
Dec 30, 2012
Easy to make. I added some fresh ground nutmeg. It smells wonderful. Taste if great warm or cold. My husband loved it.
Dec 20, 2011
My husband loved it! Said it tasted like his Mom used to make.
Nov 7, 2011
most excellent! I used cinnamon raisin energy bars and it was unbelievably delicious!
Jan 17, 2010
The bread pudding is marvellous! I made it when my husband's friends came over, and everyone told me it's really good! :D
Sep 6, 2009
Changed: used One can Evaporated milk, one can condensed milk, 16 oz of heavy whipping cream.And only used one cup of sugar.Use Old day French bread broken in chuncks
Apr 30, 2009
I'm going to serve this recipe in my restaurant. Thank you