Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Sauce Recipe
- 16 slices cinnamon bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread cubes, cranberries, vanilla chips and pecans. Repeat layers. Drizzle with butter.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice until blended; pour over bread mixture. Let stand for 15-30 minutes.
- 3. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if top browns too quickly.
- 4. In a small saucepan, bring cream and butter to a boil. Add chocolate and remove from the heat (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes; whisk until smooth. Serve with warm bread pudding. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
1 piece: 495 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Sauce
"I was so disappointed with this recipe. I followed the directions perfectly and it came out dry, dry, dry."