- 3 eggs
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 to 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced bread, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the milk, sugar, butter, raisins, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Gently stir in bread cubes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forBread Pudding
"This is the best bread pudding I've made. I tried different recipes but keep coming back to make this one."
"easy to make. I added some fresh ground nutmeg. It smells wonderful. Taste if great warm or cold. My husband loved it."
"My husband loved it! Said it tasted like his Mom used to make."
"most excellent! I used cinnamon raisin energy bars and it was unbelievably delicious!"
"The bread pudding is marvellous! I made it when my husband's friends came over, and everyone told me it's really good! :D"
"Changed: used One can Evaporated milk, one can condensed milk, 16 oz of heavy whipping cream.And only used one cup of sugar.Use Old day French bread broken in chuncks"
"I'm going to serve this recipe in my restaurant. Thank you"