Bread Pot Fondue
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 1 round loaf bread (1-1/2 pounds, 8 to 10 inches in diameter)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup (5 ounces) diced cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Slice off top of bread loaf, reserving top. Carefully hollow out inside of loaf with small sharp knife, leaving 1/2-in. shell. Cut the removed bread into 1-in. cubes (about 4 cups); set aside.
- For filling, combine the cheeses and sour cream in bowl; stir in ham, green onions, chilies and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon into hollowed loaf; replace top. Wrap tightly with several layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour 10 minutes or until filling is heated through. Meanwhile, combine the bread cubes, oil and melted butter. Arrange on a separate baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Unwrap and transfer to platter. Remove top from bread; stir filling and serve with toasted cubes and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 92 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 30, 2014
We have always loved this recipe since years back. Made it again today for visitors & they ate every last drop. I left out the chillies, its still tasty.
Mar 19, 2011
I have made this several times - always gets rave reviews and requests for the recipe. Great just as is, but I have also substituted dried beef in place of the ham and turns out just as good. Definatly a keeper!!