Bread Machine Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- EGG WASH:
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons water or flour if needed.
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide and shape into 24 balls. Roll each into an 8-in. rope; tie into a loose knot. Tuck ends under.
- 3. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 4. For egg wash, in a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over rolls. Bake 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks; serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 roll: 98 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Bread Machine Dinner Rolls
"Made these rolls last night for dinner today. They were amazing soft and fluffy. I highly recommend them."
"These were absolutely delicious! I will be making these again and again (and again)! Thank you Taste of Home for always having the best recipes... and thanks to Becky for sharing! YUM"