- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup warm mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Additional butter, melted
- In a bread machine, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Divide in half; roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges; roll up wedges from the wide end.
- Place pointed side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends down to form a crescent shape. Cover and let rise for 20-25 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Brush warm rolls with melted butter. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forBread Machine Crescent Rolls
"This is my go to recipe , but I make them into buns, so light and fluffy. I have made them at least a dozen times. So good !!"
"Excellent! Very soft and fluffy. I used regular flour and still they turned out so good!"
"These were good, but do not taste at all like Crescent Rolls. I would re-name them. They are very easy to make, and taste great."