Bread Bowl Chili Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 12 hard rolls (about 4-1/2 inches), optional
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, chili powder and jalapeno. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Serve in soup bowls or if desired, cut the top fourth off of each roll; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread. Spoon chili into bread bowls. Serve with cubed bread,
- 3. shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions and sour cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 292 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 778mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Bread Bowl Chili
"i love to add corn to my chili. it revs up the vegitable factor. fresh off the cob is best but canned or frozen works well too."