"This dip is a favorite at potlucks and picnics," says Melissa Cook of Chico, California. "Although it's terrific as an appetizer, we often turn the creamy mixture into a sandwich by spreading it on slices of crusty baguettes."
Recommended: 25 Make-Ahead Appetizer Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound deli pastrami, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound deli corned beef, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound deli ham, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 unsliced round bread (1 pound)
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve dip, cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread. Carefully hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Save top and removed bread for another use.) Fill shell with dip. Serve with crackers and/or vegetables. Yield: 6 cups dip.
Originally published as Bread Bowl Appetizer in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p37
Reviews forBread Bowl Appetizer
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2011
"You can use the bread left over to put the dip on. Tear into pieces."
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2010
"I made this for a Christmas party and it was a huge success. I will certainly make this again."