VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups dried black beans
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, sliced
- 1 pound boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Spanish chorizo links, sliced
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups water
- Hot cooked rice
- Rinse and sort beans; soak according to package directions. Drain and rinse, discarding soaking liquid.
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine beans with next nine ingredients. Add water; cook, covered, on low until meat and beans are tender, 7-9 hours.
Remove pork ribs and ham hock. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones and bay leaves. Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Serve with hot cooked rice.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled stew in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brazilian Pork & Black Bean Stew in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2017, p46