Brazil Nut & Coconut Bark
I usually make these around Christmastime, but also take them to special events at our church. I love that they only take four ingredients. How easy. —Phyl Broich-Wessling, Garner, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped Brazil nuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Stir in Brazil nuts and coconut.
- Spread onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 ounce: 174 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Almond Bark Brazil Nut Candy in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.