Bravo Italian Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 35 min.
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (24 ounces) tomato basil pasta sauce
- Place eggplant in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides. Transfer chicken to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Rinse eggplant; pat dry with paper towels. Transfer to a large bowl; add pasta sauce and toss to coat. Spoon over chicken; top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 397 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 1123mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 8g fiber), 43g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 10, 2014
Everyone liked this dish. I didn't change a thing but I do think I will let the eggplants drain longer. Next time I will add a little grated parmesan cheese to the dish.
Jun 3, 2011
Super easy and huge hit. Made for my parents last night and I was told I could make next week!