Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over broccoli and gently toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 78 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jan 15, 2018
Very easy to make. It is always nice to find healthy recipes for vegetables. I did not care for the vinegar flavor in this one, but I'm sure others would enjoy it.
Jan 1, 2018
Delicious! I mixed the butter into the hot broccoli then drizzled on the rest of the sauce which I mixed in a small container. I microwaved the sugar mixture to melt the sugar. Will make this again. I would also try this sauce on carrots, cauliflower, and string beans.
Dec 13, 2017
We had this as a side dish tonight, I loved it!
Nov 12, 2016
Mmmm, good! Quick and easy with ingredients I have on hand, love that!.
Sep 11, 2014
Very tasty and easy to adapt to my own taste.
Mar 2, 2014
Something new for my Broccoli! Everyone loved it, even the toddler!
Feb 21, 2014
I made this a month ago rand spent the last half hour searching for it because,, even though I couldn't remember the name of the recipe, I knew I would know it when I saw it. And I did!!!!! ??Long story short, I signed up for a membership just so I would never ever lose this delicious a$$ recipe again. Can I get a Yummmmmmmmmmm?
Feb 18, 2014
Good, Good, Good!
Jan 30, 2014
Thumbs up from the hubby. It's a keeper.
Jan 28, 2014
Very good. Next time I will try substituting lemon juice for the vinegar, since my husband seems to like it on his broccoli.