- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the cabbage; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in beans and bratwurst; heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forBratwurst Stew
"Very tasty stew. Even better the next day.Would make it again and again!!!"
"This was very easy to fix, my husband is not a soup eater and he thought it was "out of this world" I changed the meat, I used Kielbalsa sausage and it turned out wonderful!! The recipe serves 8 I took half of the soup and froze it and fixed it a week later, I thought it was even better the second time. Thank you for your recipe, I will make this many, many more times."