- 1 pound Johnsonville® Original Brats, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk, divided
- 12 slices process American cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook and crumble bratwurst with onion and carrot over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Stir in beans, jalapeno, pepper and broth; bring to a boil. Whisk together flour and 1/2 cup milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Gradually stir in remaining milk. Add cheese; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts)
Reviews forBratwurst Soup
"It was GREAT !, Yes, I did alter it a bit. I reduced the pepper and added Tabisco - Chilpote flavor - 1/4 teaspoon."