Bratwurst Potato Skillet
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 1 pound fully cooked bratwurst links or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced chives, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain. Cool slightly; cut into cubes and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, saute sausage and onion in oil until lightly browned; drain. Stir in the wine, thyme and marjoram. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove sausage; keep warm.
- Stir in the sugar, mustard, 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley, 1-1/2 teaspoons chives, vinegar, salt and pepper into pan juices; heat through.
- Whisk a small amount of hot liquid into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in sausage and potatoes; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and chives.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 527 calories, 34g fat (12g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 1035mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Aug 24, 2017
The flavor was fine, just too greasy for my husband.
Jan 21, 2012
Everyone in my house loved this recipe! I had leftover bratwurst in the freezer from summer so I decided to give this recipe a shot. I doubled the batch and fed 7 adults including three hungry men. Very filling and flavorful!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.