- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 fresh baby carrots, cut into thirds
- 4 cups water
- 2 fully cooked bratwurst, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Place the potatoes, carrots and water in a large skillet. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender. Stir in the bratwurst, broccoli, cauliflower and onion. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar and oil; add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forBratwurst Dinner
"All vegetables were overcooked by the time the sauce was reduced. I would add the vinegar, sugar, and oil mixture with the potatoes and carrots. It also needed pepper and other seasonings."
"This was a nice combination of flavours, but not an exciting dish. The broccoli went soggy."