- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 fresh baby carrots, cut into thirds
- 4 cups water
- 2 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Place the potatoes, carrots and water in a large skillet. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender. Stir in the bratwurst, broccoli, cauliflower and onion. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar and oil; add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forBratwurst Dinner
"Good Recipe...BUT needs a lot of tweaking...Potatoes and carrots cooked in less water and definitely less time. I didn't have broccoli to add. Needed seasoning badly, salt-pepper-tumeric-garlic powder. I increased amount of vinegar since I like the tart taste. Here's the Goodie all Cooks can benefit from: CLEAR JEL: a wonderful thickening product. Use very little (like 1 T. to 1/2 cup water); stir well. Pull pan from burner and add CLEAR JEL slowly to mixture. Return to burner with little heat to help thicken. I've only found CLEAR JEL in Amish Bulk Food Stores. Also note that once vinegar is added to a recipe softening of vegetables comes to a halt."
"All vegetables were overcooked by the time the sauce was reduced. I would add the vinegar, sugar, and oil mixture with the potatoes and carrots. It also needed pepper and other seasonings."
"This was a nice combination of flavours, but not an exciting dish. The broccoli went soggy."