Brandy & Date Cheese Ball Pops
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) sliced almonds, chopped and toasted
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and finely crumbled
- 24 lollipop sticks
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cheddar cheese, butter, cream cheese and brandy until well blended. Stir in dates. Shape into twenty-four 1-in. balls. Place almonds and bacon in separate shallow bowls. Roll half of the cheese balls in almonds; roll remaining balls in bacon. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Insert lollipop sticks into cheese balls. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 cheese pop (calculated without crackers): 137 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 30, 2012
I made this in one large cheese ball--maybe it would have been better in the pops. The amount of butter made it very hard, so it needs to be left out at room temperature for a while in order to slice or cut off pieces. We thought it was OK, but not great. And although we love bacon, we preferred the nuts with this recipe.