Brandy Alexander Fudge
At Christmastime, we love to indulge in this marbled fudge inspired by the popular brandy drink. My sister-in-law won first place with this recipe at the county fair.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3 pounds
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao or Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Divide marshmallow creme between two small heat-resistant bowls. Pour half of the sugar mixture into each bowl. To one bowl, stir in semisweet chips until melted; stir in brandy. Into the remaining bowl, stir in white chips until melted; stir in creme de cacao.
- Spread chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Top with white mixture; cut through with a knife to swirl. Cool to room temperature. Chill until set completely.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's Note: Once you add the chips to the mixture, work fast as the fudge sets up quickly.