I grew up on a ranch with 20 brothers and sisters, so I learned to cook at an early age. After college, I went to work on a farm. My employer's wife shared this recipe with me.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 8 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- Place bran in a bowl. Heat 1 cup water to 120°-130°; pour over cereal to soften. Set aside. Place yeast in a bowl. Heat remaining water to 110°-115°; pour over yeast to dissolve. Add 2 tablespoon sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, oil, salt, bran mixture and remaining sugar; mix well. Stir in enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.