Braised Pork Loin Chops Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Mix first five ingredients; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat; brown chops on both sides. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same pan, bring wine to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Add chops; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until pork is tender, 6-8 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce: 218 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Braised Pork Loin Chops
"Made this for dinner tonight. My husband loved them. Will definitely make again."
"My whole family enjoyed these. pork chops are not my favorite but I actually look forward to them when fixed like this."
"The flavor was wonderful, but the meat turned out VERY dry. This was a very short braising time, which I think was the problem. Maybe a fattier meat next time, and a longer time cooking."
"I did not have the time to do the braising and instead just used the rub without the salt. They were still delicious!"
"Delicious, but too salty four our taste. Next time, I'll half or eliminate the salt."
"I cooked this for dinner tonight and everyone LOVED it!!"
"Pretty easy to make and good too!"
"Wow!! I couldn't believe how good these tasted!! We ate them with brown rice, and the blend of rice with meat and sauce was absolutely delicious!!The recipe was easy and simple to follow."
"These are awesome, a new family favorite."