- 2 lamb shanks (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, brown lamb in oil; remove and set aside. Add the onion and garlic; saute until tender. Stir in flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add bouillon and water; stir to dissolve. Return lamb to pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBraised Lamb Shanks
"Good recipe! I omitted the celery and carrots. I needed to double the recipe due to the number of lamb shanks I had. I felt the sauce was a little too thin. Perhaps that is because I doubled the recipe. Anyway, every one enjoyed this and I Will definitely use this recipe again. Thanks for the good recipe."
"This was soooooo good and sooooo easy!"
"This recipe came out amazing. Melts in your mouth:) Very delicious flavor:)"