Braised Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Caraway, onion, bacon and chicken broth dress up these wonderful brussels sprouts.—Yvonne Anderson, New Philadelphia, Ohio
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Trim Brussels sprout stems; using a paring knife, cut an "X" in the bottom of each. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add sprouts; cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- 3. Cook and stir onion in bacon drippings until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is almost evaporated. Add Brussels sprouts; stir in bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 91 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Reviews for Braised Brussels Sprouts
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC