Braised Beef with Mushrooms Recipe
This slow-cooked beef is so tender, it melts in your mouth. The ingredients have time to season the meat, and it's a delicious entree for two.
- 3/4 pound beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, brown meat in oil in batches. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Return beef to the pan. Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 361 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 724mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Braised Beef with Mushrooms
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC