This slow-cooked beef is so tender, it melts in your mouth. The ingredients have time to season the meat, and it's a delicious entree for two.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- In a large saucepan, brown meat in oil in batches. Remove and set aside.
- In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Return beef to the pan. Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Braised Beef with Mushrooms in Reminisce Extra September 2010, p47
Reviews forBraised Beef with Mushrooms
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review