Bowl of Bones
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 55 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lime juice, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot, divided
- 2 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash onion powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, 1/4 cup lime juice, garlic and 1 teaspoon ginger; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on a greased rack in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the jam, salt, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, and remaining lime juice and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Brush over wings.
- Bake 40 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning every 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 139 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Feb 16, 2011
I made these wings for a potluck. They were really good. I actually forgot to buy lime juice the first time that I made this, so I used lemon juice and it turned out great. The second time I made this I used lime juice and it was equally as good.
Oct 30, 2010
Using low sodium soy sauce and leaving out the salt will reduce the sodium content of this recipe and make it much healthier.LAG
Oct 29, 2010
I imagine ground ginger will work as well. Fresh ginger root does it give it a 'fresher, brighter' flavor. If using ground ginger, use half of what the recipe calls for in fresh. Also make sure you mix it in well, so no clumps are left to surprise anyone. :)
Oct 28, 2010
do I have to use fresh ginger root?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.