Bow Ties with Walnut-Herb Pesto Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked whole wheat bow tie pasta
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, place the arugula, parsley, basil, cheese, salt and pepper flakes in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add walnuts; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 3. Drain pasta, reserving 3 tablespoons cooking water. In a large bowl, toss pasta with pesto, tomato and reserved water. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 323 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Bow Ties with Walnut-Herb Pesto
"Love this recipe! So fresh and full of flavour! The ratio of ingredients is just perfect! Thank you!"
"I thought this was very good!! I don't have a food processor but I have a mini one called "Oscar" and it worked just perfectly for this recipe. You could add meat or shrimp to this if you want more protein. It was easy and fun to make!!"