- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat bow tie pasta (about 8 ounces)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water; return pasta and asparagus to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking sausage into large crumbles. Add to stockpot. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and reserved pasta water as desired. Serve with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBow Ties with Sausage & Asparagus
"Delicious recipe! I cut it in half for the two of us, and used cooked chicken sausage links (which I sliced) and mozzarella cheese instead of Parmesan. My husband is thrilled that we have leftovers."