Bow Ties with Chicken & Shrimp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 5-1/4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, thyme and oregano or 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 10 large pitted ripe olives, sliced
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in butter and oil until no longer pink. Add onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the canned tomatoes, parsley, basil, thyme, oregano and pepper.
- Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the shrimp, plum tomatoes and olives; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 399 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 16, 2012
I doubled the batch for a holiday family supper. Everyone really like how all the flavors came together. I did think the sauce ended up a little to thin so I may try more cornstarch next time.
Jul 12, 2012
Followed recipe and it was wonderful. Will absolutely make again.
Dec 6, 2011
My 2 picky boys even ate it !!
Jul 7, 2010
Very good and easy, I used cooked chicken and cooked shrimp. I just made the saude and then tossed in the cooked chicken and shrimp for the last 5 min. Served over pasta, very good and fast.
Jan 28, 2010
I didn't have chicken but used alittle more shrimp and this was good plus I diced up a small zuchinni
Jan 26, 2010
Probably not. More work than worth.
May 8, 2009
Very good! My picky 3 yo. enjoyed it.