- 3 pounds uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 pound frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the crab, shrimp, celery, onions and green pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, salt, dill and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 32 (1-cup) servings.
Reviews forBow Tie Seafood Salad
"This salad was absolutely delicious. I was a little nervous about the dill, but it was perfect! I used radiatore because I like how the sauce gets in the little grooves, and I did a red pepper instead of green. This salad is HUGE, though. I had to use a punch bowl to hold it all, and it made so much that all 12 of my bunco group ladies took home some to go. I would suggest cutting the recipe in half and probably just adding more seafood if that gets hard to divide. This is definitely a keeper!!"
"I have been making this for several years .Everyone loves it!!!!!"
"Love this. Make it all the time for pot lucks. For just family I halve the recipe."
"I have made this many times and everyone raves about it...after the first time though, I substituted macaroni for the bow tie, as the bow tie pasta breaks apart. Great for a crowd...I absolutely love it!!!"
"I also halved the pasta but added olives. Was really good. It was a huge hit with the family."