Bow Tie Chicken Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 cup bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry red pepper, zucchini, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the peas and seasonings; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add pasta and tomatoes; cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 256 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 8, 2012
Felt the peas didn?t mesh well with the other flavors, so I now substitute sliced fresh mushrooms. One little tweak has put this in the regular dinner rotation.
Oct 11, 2008
This is a very good recipe for being low sodium. We will definitely make this one again, Thanks Nancy..