Bow Tie Chicken Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 cup bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry red pepper, zucchini, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the peas and seasonings; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add pasta and tomatoes; cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 256 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 8, 2012
Felt the peas didn?t mesh well with the other flavors, so I now substitute sliced fresh mushrooms. One little tweak has put this in the regular dinner rotation.
Oct 11, 2008
This is a very good recipe for being low sodium. We will definitely make this one again, Thanks Nancy..