Bow Tie Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1. In a large skillet, cook th beef, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the pasta, half of the meat mixture, all of the tomato soup and 1 cup of cheese. Top with the remaining pasta and meat mixture. Spread with mushroom soup. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Editor’s Note: As a side dish for Bow Tie Bake, place fresh cut green beans in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Reviews for Bow Tie Bake
"This wasn't bad, but turned out dry. I must note, however, that I used elbow macaroni instead of bow tie pasta because it was what I had on-hand. I don't know if that affected the outcome, but I wouldn't do it that way again."