This recipe is the perfect combination of savory and sweet. The bourbon-soaked bacon adds a smoky, savory, bold taste to normal cinnamon rolls. The ginger and pecan topping makes for a crunchy, spicy finish. —Shannen Casey, Berkeley, California
Recommended: 55 Food Truck Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 bacon strips
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tube (12.4 ounces) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Place bacon in a shallow dish; add bourbon. Seal and refrigerate overnight. Remove bacon and pat dry; discard bourbon.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon in batches over medium heat until nearly crisp but still pliable. Remove to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 teaspoon drippings.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Separate dough into eight rolls, reserving icing packet. Unroll spiral rolls into long strips; pat dough to form 6x1-in. strips. Place one bacon strip on each strip of dough, trimming bacon as needed, then reroll forming a spiral. Pinch ends to seal. Repeat with remaining dough. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake until golden brown, 9-11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine pecans and maple syrup. In another bowl, stir together ginger with contents of icing packet. In same skillet, heat remaining bacon drippings over medium heat. Add pecans; cook, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted, 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle icing over warm cinnamon rolls; top with pecans. Yield: 8 rolls.
Originally published as Bourbon-Soaked Bacon and Ginger Cinnamon Rolls in Taste of Home February/March 2018