- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups whole mushrooms
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Original Brats, cut into 1-inch slices
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add the vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and reserve marinade. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the vegetables and bratwurst.
- Spoon some reserved marinade over vegetables and bratwurst. Grill, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until bratwurst is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 6 skewers.
Reviews forBourbon Brat Skewers
"We used Yuengling brats for this recipe, and changed up the veggies a bit. I forgot to do the onion, but we used: tomatoes, mushrooms, red & green peppers, and summer squash. We had time to marinade it for only 1 hour. We enjoyed the flavor and could definitely taste the bourbon, but found the whole marinade to not be very strong. Next time I'll marinade it for longer than an hour and update my review afterwards. As-is, this is good, but we'd probably try some other stuff out there."
"Great marinade, upped the sugar by 1T. Omitted the mushrooms and used red/yellow/orange peppers. I had fully cooked brats on hand, marinated them with the veggies. Served over rice. Definitely will be made again and again."
"My husband and his friends LOVED this recipe!"
"So perfectly yummy. My only complaint is that I have a really hard time getting the brats to stay on the skewer; but that's not really the recipes fault..."
"Great recipe! First time ever cooking Bratwurst. My boyfriend gobbled it up. He said he could have eaten the whole plate full. =) I used broccli instead of mushrooms. The yummy marinade really clung to it. I would definitley make this again for company!!"
"We love marinating meat and especially love brats, this is a nice change from cooking them in beer."
"The family loved it! Great flavor but not too strong. Left off the mushrooms because I was out."
"Very good and easy."